Invitation to renew TS/DC membership
1st October 2023 – 30th September 2024
[This information was emailed to all 2022/23 members on 13th September]
Your membership of the Theosophical Society/Dhyana Centre will expire at the end of September (subject to a 2 month run-off period) and I invite you to renew your subscription for another year.
Can I take this opportunity to emphasise that, although we have now left 50 Gloucester Place as a venue, the Dhyana Centre is still a fully-fledged branch of the Theosophical Society and likely to remain so for the foreseeable future. However, this will be kept under review as there are bound to be mixed feelings about the issue – and I am open to feedback.
The cost remains £20 per annum, that being the levy the TS requires from the Centre for each member. There is no top up for the DC’s own funds which remain purely voluntary. Two members of a family living at the same address can claim back 50% off the second membership ie. renewal costs £30 for the two.
Payment may be made in the following ways:
- Online bank transfer: Mr AF Perry (Dhyana Centre) 20-96-89 90581526
- PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org [please add £1 to the sum remitted to cover any transaction fee].
- Cheque payable to ‘Dhyana Centre’ (do NOT post to the TS)
PLEASE USE A METHOD OF ELECTRONIC PAYMENT if at all possible. If you need to post a cheque, please do not send or deliver it to the TS; instead, let me know and I will give you another address to send it to. Whichever payment method you choose, you will receive an email receipt from me within two days – and if you don’t, please contact me because it means your payment has not been received.
Change of contact details
If your postal address or telephone number(s) have recently changed, please take this opportunity to update the record by emailing me the new details.
Non-renewal or lapse/resignation
I naturally hope you will wish to renew but if not, you can either notify me to that effect or simply wait until the cut-off date at the end of November when it will be assumed that you have resigned and your membership will automatically terminate. In the meantime, you will receive reminders in mid-October and mid-November both of which you should simply ignore. You will automatically be removed from both the DC and TS email/postal distribution databases from 1st December in accordance with Data Protection regulations unless you have requested otherwise.
- although one cannot be a full member of the DC without it, TS membership is NOT obligatory in order to take part in DC groups. If you would prefer to revert to Associate status (ie. lapse your TS membership but still attend DC functions), please inform me accordingly and I will arrange it;
- that an inability to pay is not a bar to membership. If this applies to you, please speak to me privately as there is a simple procedure within the Centre to help those in financial difficulty.