Final reminder: invitation to renew TS/DC membership
1st October 2022 – 30th September 2023
[This information was emailed to all 2021/22 members on 5th September, followed by reminders on 2nd October and 2nd November]
Your membership of the Theosophical Society/Dhyana Centre expired at the end of September (subject to a 2 month run-off period) and I invite you to renew your subscription for another year. The cost remains £20 per annum, that being the levy the TS requires from the Centre for each member. There is no top up for the DC’s own funds which remain purely voluntary.
Family members: two members of a family living at the same address can claim back 50% off the second membership ie. renewal costs £30 for the two.
Payments may be made in the following ways:
- Online bank transfer: Mr AF Perry (Dhyana Centre) 20-96-89 90581526
- PayPal to email@example.com [please add £1 to the sum remitted to cover any transaction fee].
- Cheque payable to ‘Dhyana Centre’ (by post, address to be supplied)
PLEASE USE A METHOD OF ELECTRONIC PAYMENT if at all possible. If you need to post a cheque, please do not send or deliver it to the TS; instead, let me know and I will give you another address to send it to. Whichever payment method you choose, you will receive an email receipt from me within two days – and if you don’t, please contact me because it means your payment has not been received.
Change of contact details
If your postal address or telephone number(s) have recently changed, please take this opportunity to update the record by emailing me the new details.
Non-renewal or lapse/resignation
I naturally hope you will wish to renew but if not, you can either notify me to that effect or simply wait until the cut-off date at the end of this month when it will be assumed that you have resigned and your membership will automatically terminate. There will be no further correspondence on the matter. You will automatically be removed from both the DC and TS email/postal databases from 1st December in accordance with Data Protection regulations unless you have requested otherwise.
- although one cannot be a full member of the DC without it, TS membership is NOT obligatory in order to take part in DC groups. If you would prefer to revert to Associate status (ie. lapse your TS membership but still attend DC functions), please inform me accordingly and I will arrange it;
- that an inability to pay is not a bar to membership. If this applies to you, please speak to me privately as there is a simple procedure within the Centre to help those in financial difficulty.
DC/TS membership cards will not be issued for renewals as it has become apparent that very few people either use or want them (they are only required for attending certain TS meetings at 50 Gloucester Place). However, I will have a supply of blank cards at 50 Gloucester Place in due course and can provide a proof-of-membership card for any member who would like one: please let me have your old card and I will update it.