Invitation to renew TS/DC membership
1st October 2021 – 30th September 2022
[This information was emailed to all current DC members on 9th Sept 21]
Your membership of the Theosophical Society/Dhyana Centre will expire at the end of September and I invite you to renew your subscription for another year. The cost remains £20 per annum, that being the levy the TS requires from the Centre for each member. There is no top up for the DC’s own funds which remain purely voluntary.
Payments may be made in the following ways:
- Online bank transfer: Mr AF Perry (Dhyana Centre) 20-96-89 90581526
- PayPal to [email protected] [please add £1 to the sum remitted to cover any transaction fee].
- Cheque payable to ‘Dhyana Centre’ (by post, address to be supplied)
PLEASE USE A METHOD OF ELECTRONIC PAYMENT if at all possible. If you need to post a cheque, please do not send or deliver it to the TS; instead, let me know and I will give you another address to send it to. Whichever payment method you choose, you will receive an email receipt from me within two days – and if you don’t, please contact me because it means your payment has not been received.
Change of contact details
If your postal address or telephone number(s) have recently changed, please take this opportunity to update the record by emailing me the new details.
Non-renewal or lapse/resignation
I naturally hope you will wish to renew but if not, you can either notify me to that effect or simply wait until the cut-off date at the end of November when it will be assumed that you have resigned and your membership will automatically terminate (if I have not heard from you meanwhile, email reminders will be sent out in October and November which you should simply ignore). Unless you have requested otherwise, you will automatically be removed from both the DC and TS email/postal databases from 1st December in accordance with Data Protection regulations.
- although one cannot be a full member of the DC without it, TS membership is NOT obligatory in order to take part in DC groups. If you would prefer to revert to Associate status (ie. lapse your TS membership but still attend DC functions), please inform me accordingly and I will arrange it;
- that an inability to pay is not a bar to membership. If this applies to you, please speak to me privately as there is a simple procedure within the Centre to help those in financial difficulty.
DC/TS membership cards will not be issued for renewals as it has become apparent that very few people either use or want them (they are only required for attending certain TS meetings at 50 Gloucester Place). However, I will have a supply of blank cards at the DC in due course and can provide a proof-of-membership card for any member who would like one: please let me have your old card and I will update it.